A module on The Best European Practices in Environment and Agriculture aims to build capacity on best European Practices in Environment and Agriculture and to prepare the country for negotiations on EU accession as well to contribute to the achievement of EU policy on agriculture and rural development and EU Environment Action Programmes. This Module will be introduced within the Environmental and Agricultural Management Department for existing IBC-M students as well as open to students from partnering institutions through roundtable debates and workshops/seminars and training to the working professionals.
The general objective is to provide a Module for education and continuous training in the field of Environment and Agriculture according to the EU standards.
- Capacity building of graduates in best EU practices for agriculture and rural development, EU Environmental policies and EU Environmental Implementation Review practices
- Contribution in increasing the employment;
- Promotion of transversal competences, such as citizenship competence, learning to learn competence, entrepreneurship, team work, leadership;
- Support of education and training as well as engagement of specialists who will actively contribute to preparing Kosovo for EU membership;
- Engagement of the civil society, policy-makers and the academics in the fields of agriculture development and environment protection;
- Recommendations provision on effective agriculture and rural development and environment protection within EU standards.
All Module courses will have interdisciplinary approach as well as also intend to enhance the knowledge and competences of young people related to agriculture development and environmental protection who do not learn enough about the application of EU standards and EU integration policies in their education and curricula. The lectures will be opened for working professionals through the roundtable debates. The roundtables will target stakeholders working in environmental and agriculture sectors.
Workshops for working professionals will be held as well as synergy with the planned Scientific Conference with the final Innovative Conference. Modules through inter-disciplinary approach targeting not only EAM students but students from other departments.